- Additional credentials file review for physicians
- Additional review of licensed non-physician practitioner personnel files
- Completion of Infection Control Worksheet
- Review of closed medical records
- Observation of one full surgery or procedure
The changes will extend the survey process by one day for centers performing more than 600 cases a year.
The Survey Guide for Ambulatory Health Care Organizations has been updated to reflect these changes and can be found here: http://www.jointcommission.org/NR/rdonlyres/909B1B01-A467-41C0-9ACE-5477FFF1ED6D/0/2010AHC2010SAGv30210.pdf
Source: The Joint Commission Ambulatory Advisor